Sunday, May 5, 2013

A few Hard Plastic in Leaf, from Frank

These are three of Frank's baits, he has a few more but this is what he had in leaf. I took pictures of the three to show how clean they look. Zoom in on this batch and then zoom in on some of my leaf baits.
You will see that if you sand the lure smooth, wait for the correct tack time, work on one at a time, and be diligent applying the Leaf you can achieve foil quality without the hassle.

My description of hassle is just going by my experience with foil and leaf. Leaf will lay on and follow any contour or design you have on a lure, and is also the down side. With foil you can create a texture or design in the foil, and apply it. You do need to be careful not to rub the texture out of it when rubbing it done.

Silver Leaf

Gold Leaf

Variegated Leaf

Along the same line as foil, leaf, and photo finishes any thing you want to apply to a lure is possible. I was browsing through the Musky Outdoors site and saw some really nice finishes in something called Momi.
I did a little searching and so far, as I understand it, it is a stationary paper. Yes it was a foil type design.
I will have to run some down and see what I come up with.

 Our Creativity is only limited to Our Imagination!
 Have some fun and do something different.

 ( Keep it in the Water )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type Questions or Information Here.