Sunday, April 7, 2013

Gold,silver and varegated leaf baits. Bonus Video!


Well, coming to the end of the plastic baits that Frank and I had purchased over the winter. I opted to make the entire batch leaf and or aluminum foil. The video that is here, hopefully captures the idea of using gold and silver leaf. I will try an aluminum foil one next. The foil is not as forgiving as leaf and you do need to cut and fold with the foil, on a round lure. The flatter or more square a lure is the easier foil becomes.
                                                                 This is the batch
If you can zoom in on the picture, you can see spots in the silver foil. These are a result of spraying with the Mona Lisa brand acrylic and sanding. I sprayed Envirotech after sanding, and this did not blend back in or coat the same . I would definitely use the Mona Lisa Acrylic to coat the foil and leaf baits. It did not fog the finish like every thing else, and gives a coating you can scuff for paint, just a little pricey for the amount.
.   

So that is the batch ready for some Kandies. I hope the videos show how to do it.

This is my first attempt at a How To Video, so use the information you can extract and forget the presentation!


 
Back ground comments By Kathy.




Background music by A.A. Bondy

If you do have
questions, please comment and I will try to answer.


Keeping as much of the leaf and foil is my goal, the Kandie paint will be the back and belly. Maybe a fluorescent belly ? You can see the flash the metals give to the lure in the video. This is under fluorescent light, I hope that you are able to in vision what this really looks like in sunlight, it is a flash.
This is an easy way to give any lure some pizazz with a minimal amount of effort. Have fun!

( Keep it in the Water)

2 comments:

Type Questions or Information Here.