Thursday, August 16, 2012

Second Batch 2012 Musky Baits

Well, this bunch is a little better than the first batch. If I was dipping these in Envirotech they would really look sharp. But I pushed the edge on weight, going for neutrally buoyant and can't afford to add any more.




I still haven't found the right edge to use when trimming the prism tape on the 3/4" baits. These are a full round over for the sides and I still don't care for the line it takes when cutting the tape.
The little gold guy in the first pic and the one walleye looking guy in the last pic are 3/4" baits. I had messed up the tape on the two walleye and just used some Kandy to put some life back into them.These were a couple of the first that I was clearing with Envirotech spray and sanding to loose the tape edge. The Envirotech spray has always been good to me, except this time. Could have just been the temperature and humidity but it wasn't getting clear, always left a haze. I will try some more later on. 
The coolest part about using the tape for me is, the ability to use a Kandy ( transparent paint ) to add, change, blend and enhance any color of tape you choose.
The top pic with the yellow looking bait and the second pic with two yellow looking baits is the chartreuse tape. It goes from solid chartreuse to yellow to a pearl green blue, very nice stuff.    
Hopefully I can get a another batch done this Sunday.

( Keep it in the Water )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type Questions or Information Here.