Sunday, July 22, 2012

2012, Nine ready for clear


 I took new photos to help ease my mind, enjoy.
The tape we are using is a lot thicker than foil or leaf. You can see from the pictures that there is a definite edge. You can spend the time to soften this with multiple coats of clear and sanding, if you chose to spend your time that way. I have been there and done it, looks cool but not worth the time for this batch. Hopefully the Muskie Gods will forgive me! For those who may think it sloppy, evidently you have more time than I do.
This batch is for fishing, not personal critiquing. Use the knowledge you gain. Good or Bad.
As I have said before, I am not a photographer. I wish I could do justice to how this tape really looks. Maybe Frank will get some real photos going.  But anyway, it is cool to say the least. These are the first nine ready for clear. Seeing that I am unable to show the real value of the tape, the solid chrome is mirror chrome, the solid gold is mirror gold and both are a real mirror finish. The green and chartrues are prism, that pulls in colors of the bait. This is also the same for the one that looks orange to chartrues in the pics. 
I have no data to back it up, but I think all tape will reflect U V light, if present. This tape is so reflective it is unbelievable. If there is a light source it will reflect it.

Solid Gold tape

Solid Silver tape

Green prism tape

Chartreuse pearl tape

Solid Silver tape

Perch photo over gold leaf

 These are all in House of Kolor inter coat clear at the present, it gives me something other than paint to scuff before the real clear.
If you look at the two lures in green tape, you can tell how the tape picks up the color of the baits and changes. These are both the same tape, just different light. As for what it does in the water, if the sun is out, it is wild. If there is no sun, it is green prism tape.
Now that UV coatings have arrived on the market and seems to be coming the rage in manufactured baits,  slight delay from the original in 2006,??? I do not see a purpose, if you can reflect light and use hot colors when needed, it works. Not to say, a bright colored lure in clear water is bad, I do that quite a bit when the sun is out.
I am not a believer in the U V coatings being offered now days to enhance your lures color. I do believe in anything than can reflect light. Whether it be tape, foil or leaf, if it can reflect light  it can reflect U V. I personally can't get a grip on something I can't see and something that can not be proven or dis proven. Any promo you see that depicts a U V bait and fish, the only thing that is different is the bait. If U V light changes the color of the bait, then why doesn't it change the color of the fish ????
On the same vain of thought, you can see so far all these baits are hot colored. I might do all 76 this way, the water clarity for Green Bay at the Fox river is Zero. The Bay is are intended target.
The chartrues, chartrues green, and light orange are my triggers along with rattles.The reflective tape is a bonus. This will pick up and reflect any visible light source. So I believe, U V included

( Keep it in the Water.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Type Questions or Information Here.